- By Mark Thompson and Robert Doyle | Apr 28For too long, visitors to Peru have landed in Lima, the country’s capital and largest city - and headed directly to Cuzco or Machu Picchu. Now, more and more LGBT travelers are discovering the charms and wonders of Lima, "City of Kings."
- By Mark Thompson and Robert Doyle | May 10Imagine scores of butterflies fluttering about your hands and face. You’re heading toward Iguazú Falls in Argentina, the waterfalls that are four times as wide as Niagara - and a candidate for the New Seven Wonders of the World.
- May 10"Iguazú" means "big water" in the language of the ancients - and apparently, when Eleanor Roosevelt glimpsed the massive Argentine waterfalls, she murmured, "Oh, poor Niagara." Check out the photos from one of the planet’s miraculous wonders.
- By Mark Thompson and Robert Doyle | Apr 21Easter Island (known as Rapa Nui to the locals) has yet to experience explosive tourist growth and has, instead, maintained its remoteness and mystique in a world that grows ever more connected (and crowded) with every travel posting.
- Apr 21Located almost 7,000 miles from New York, Rapa Nui (or Easter Island) is often considered the most remote island on the planet - but LAN Airlines recently inaugurated its new Lima-Easter Island service, making this mystical island more accessible.
- By Mark Thompson and Robert Doyle | Jun 8The airport is in France - but your ticket says Switzerland - and the official language is German. Carmen Sandiego, where are we now? Located on the river Rhine, where the borders of Switzerland, France, and Germany meet, Basel is a nexus of culture.
- Sep 7Ecoventura’s environmentally friendly fleet of small expedition vessels in the Galapagos allows guests of this visionary small-ship travel company to experience the Galapagos from as many land and water perspectives as possible.
- By Joel Martens | Sep 18I was fascinated by my friend’s description of his native Brazil, specifically the city of São Paulo where he grew up. He talked glowingly of the gay culture and the massive Gay Pride celebration that occurs annually-one of the largest in the world.
- Oct 15With a concentration on American craft beers from the realms of international, small, and landmark producers, La Cerveceria introduces South American tapas with sharp Peruvian influences to the bustling Bowery.
- Jan 1LAN’s new LGBT microsite features a host of information and resources for the prospective traveler to South America. It includes detailed descriptions of key South American destinations with information of interest to gay and lesbian travelers.
Foreplay @ the Manhunt Mansion :: October 30, 2014The Theater Offensive held its annual fundraiser Foreplay @ the Manhunt Mansion on October 30, 2014. Check out who wore what.
Halloween Party @ Alegria :: October 26, 2014Alegria is an institution in NYC and its Halloween version is without a doubt the best one of them all. Ric Sena, its producer, puts together the most amazingly striking spectacle of lights , music, costumes and dancers.
Rush @ Club Cafe :: Saturday, October 25, 2014It was another packed Rush @ Club Cafe this past Saturday. Here are the pics.