- Jul 14Ever since F. Scott and Zelda Fitzgerald landed in the south of France during the Twenties, the Cote d’Azur has been a haven for the beautiful and the gifted who are drawn to the azure waters of the Mediterranean and the pink villages of France.
- Aug 2As a phrase, "summer in Paris" has a kind of hypnotizing appeal - and to find oneself in the City of Light during the brightest season is to fall in love with the city’s charms all over again.
- By ELAINE GANLEY | Jul 3Spend a day, and a de rigueur night, here and you can walk hand-in-hand with Woody Allen through the City of Light he portrays in "Midnight in Paris," his sweet and zany valentine to the French capital.
- By Mark Thompson and Robert Doyle | Jul 5The wealthiest city in Europe, Zurich has been designated the city with the best quality of life in the world - for seven years in a row. A world leader in climate control, Zurich is also a city where a plurality of citizens profess no faith or religion.
- By Mark Thompson and Robert Doyle | Jun 8The airport is in France - but your ticket says Switzerland - and the official language is German. Carmen Sandiego, where are we now? Located on the river Rhine, where the borders of Switzerland, France, and Germany meet, Basel is a nexus of culture.
- May 28Switzerland is a country roughly the size of the state of Maryland, with a population less than New York City - and yet, what an inordinate amount of influence this one country has had on European and global culture.
- By Mark Thompson and Robert Doyle | May 28Consistently ranked among the world’s top ten cities for quality of life, Bern, the capital of Switzerland, was designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1983 for its medieval Old Town, built in 1191 - and in springtime, few places are as beautiful.
- Jul 28Il Chiostro has been organizing a one-week workshop in Italy for gay men every year since 2000. Each year they select a new destination, settle in, and slowly absorb the culture, art, cuisine, wine, and traditions.
- By Mark Thompson and Robert Doyle | Jul 14With at least fifteen gay bars, three gay beaches, two major LGBT festivals, and as many rainbow flags as wave in le Marais in Paris, Nice has become the de facto gay resort of France.
- By Mark Thompson and Robert Doyle | Jul 19For many of us, jotting down a list of dream travel destinations is an annual (if not monthly) pastime. Presumably, "Taking Root In Provence" author Anne-Marie Simons did the same thing while working for 30 years in the Washington D.C. area.
- By Mark Thompson and Robert Doyle | Aug 2Even with a weakened dollar, it’s still possible to vacation in Paris. Picnic on the banks of the Seine. Wander the Tuileries. Stroll through the Marais. A thousand quotidian pleasures will remind you why you’ll always love Paris best.
- By DAVID K. RANDALL | Jul 18I was riding along trails laid out for French monarchs, a bottle of wine and a day’s lunch on my back. But where Louis XIV rode a horse, I had a humble beach cruiser.
- By Mark Thompson and Robert Doyle | Jul 21Nearly thirty years ago, Montpellier, France had been our home. In those days, Montpellier was a sleepy town - and now, it’s the fastest growing city in France. So we returned to Montpellier to discover whether we or the city had changed more.
- By Mark Thompson and Robert Doyle | Jul 25One of the biggest Pride celebrations - and longest: ten days and nights! - turns 21 this year. That’s right, Manchester Pride, winner of "Best UK Pride" and a nominee for "World’s Best Pride" shows the world why I [HEART} MCR is a global sentiment.
- Jul 25Manchester Pride turns 21 this year, but as these photos attest, there’s more to Manchester, England than Canal Street and the Gay Village. It’s no wonder that so many people - all around the world - wear t-shirts that read: I [heart] MCR.
- Aug 25As a new school year begins, the Homecoming Project is urging successful lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) adults to join its campaign to provide positive role models for LGBT high school students.
- Sep 1The White House named GLSEN, the Gay, Lesbian & Straight Education Network, a Champion of Change for the organization’s two decades of pioneering work to fight bullying, violence and stigma directed at lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) people.
- Sep 28The Anti-Defamation League (ADL), the Gay, Lesbian & Straight Education Network (GLSEN) and StoryCorps announced the release of Unheard Voices, a new middle and high school resource that seeks to integrate LGBT people into secondary school curricula.
- Oct 28The 14-day Springtime in the Alps tour features five scenic rail excursions-the Bernina Express, Glacier Express, Voralpen Express, GoldenPass Panoramic Express, and Europe’s highest open-air cog railway.
- By Mark Thompson and Robert Doyle | Jan 25History, geography, and current events have never been my strong suits. But even I, who would rather be immersed in a plate of
loukamoades(Greek doughnuts) than stumbling among the rubble of an archeological ruin, found myself inspired.
- Mar 3Soulfource - a non-profit organization committed to the freedom of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer (LGBTQ) people from political and spiritual oppression - announced this year’s 2012 Equality Riders, a team of 17 young advocates.
Rush @ Club Cafe :: Saturday, October 18, 2014It was another packed night at Rush @ Club Cafe this past Saturday. Here are the pics...
Monster's Ball @ The Museum Of Science And Industry :: October 18, 2014What a great time it was at the 38th annual "All Hallows Masquerade Ball" at the Museum of Science and Industry in Tampa. There were over 2000 attendees and some amazing costumes. Check out the photos.
2014 Aspen Gay Ski Week HRC Benefit @ The Caribou Club :: January 15, 2014Aspen's premier private night club and restaurant welcomed Gay Ski Week attendees for an evening of dancing and cocktails. This event is in partnership with the Colorado division of HRC and the HRC Federal Club. Check out the photos.
Obama Names Ebola 'Czar' as Precautions Expand
Transgender, Gay Inmates Sue Over Jail Rights
Ring-a-Ding-Dino :: Dean Martin Celebrated at Upstage Benefit
Paris Sculpture Deflated; Will Stay That Way
Don't Go In The Water: Crabzilla Spotted Off British Pier?
Cowboys Release Michael Sam From Practice Squad